In early 2019, the City started the planning process to update the Hickman Mills Area Plan. Area plans recommend strategies to help realize a community’s long-term vision for the future and provide a comprehensive framework to guide public decisions on land use, housing, public improvements, community development, and city services. The Hickman Mills Area Plan, adopted in 2007, is still the plan of record for the area.
As a result of public feedback and the work of planning staff, a draft of the plan update was prepared. View the draft here: Draft Hickman Mills Area Plan 2020
Tell us what you think of the draft plan! You can send your comments by email to Gerald Williams or call him at 816-513-2897.
Past Public Meeting Materials
- Public meetings were held during the summer and early fall of 2019. You can view displays and presentation materials from those meetings at the links below:
- Hickman Mills Meeting#2 Displays
- Hickman Mills Meeting #2 Presentation
- Hickman Mills Presentation Meeting # 1
- Feedback through online mapping – Use our interactive map to tell us about some of the best places in Hickman Mills and some that could be improved. Staff will use this information, along with additional public input to form recommendations and priorities in the plan.
- Data Book
- Sign up to receive email updates regarding the Hickman Mills Area Plan here: Email Update Sign Up
- Follow us on Twitter @kcmoplanning #HMAP2019
- AlertKC provides an efficient and secure way to send neighborhood-level information to residents who subscribe to the system. Sign up at kcmo.gov/alertkc to text message alerts about upcoming Public Meetings.
- Next Door – The City uses Nextdoor to share news, safety alerts, neighborhood events and services. Sign up at nextdoor.com.
- Follow KCMO Planning’s page on the KCMO website for public meeting notices and updates.
*Have a neighborhood or community organization in the Hickman Mills area and want to learn more about the area planning process? Contact staff to request a presentation/ or to answer questions at an upcoming meeting in your neighborhood. Please contact Brian Jackson to set up a time and date.
Brian Jackson, Planner
Timothy Esparza, Planner