Nominate a deserving business or organization for a Community Impact Award!
Each year, the South KC Chamber honors companies and volunteers who have made the MOST impact during the previous year. To qualify, the impact MUST be in the form of a Community Contribution.
Examples of Community Contributions:
- Donations raised by employees and customers to support a non-profit initiative or charity
- Reduction in your company’s carbon footprint or implementation of sustainable initiative
- Significant donation of time and/or resources toward meaningful investment in South KC
- Educational initiatives that assist employee/ers, customers, and/or the South KC community
- Providing support to another company or organization that is making a difference in South KC
- Initiatives to support employees and/or coworkers in need, rides to work, etc.
- Providing mentorship, entrepreneurship, and/or job skills to a person or organization in South KC
- Healthcare initiatives for employees and/or customers that made or will make an impact in their lives
- Initiatives to hire veterans, disabled persons, and/or ex-convicts
- Development investment in surrounding neighborhoods around your company’s headquarters
This year we have also created a category solely for non-profit organizations called the Non-Profit Impact Award.
There are MANY ways a company or person (or group of people!) could have impacted South Kansas City in 2021 so please don’t feel limited by the list of examples! If you believe someone has made an impact in our region, we want to know about it!
Nominations will be accepted until January 21, 2022.
Once all nominations are received and reviewed, our secret Chamber judges will narrow down the top submissions for YOU, our Chamber members, and community leaders, to vote for a BIG COMMUNITY IMPACT Winner via the Chamber’s Facebook page.