Governmental Affairs Committee
Purpose of this Committee
To provide leadership, information, and advocacy that enhances the economic environment and represents the political interests of the South Kansas City Business Community through legislative action.
Requirements to Participate
In order to be on this committee, your company must be a South KC Chamber member in good standing. All employees at the member company can participate.
- Annually develop Legislative Priorities to reflect the concerns and opinions of the membership.
- Host six Legislative Breakfasts with local, state, and federal government officials to explore critical issues.
- Host public forums on issues and for candidates running for local and state offices.
- Have an involved focus on local legislative issues by communicating regularly with the mayor and council representatives.
- Provide members with regular updates on local, state, and federal legislation.
- Assist in organizing a trip to Jefferson City to meet with state elected officials and department leaders.
- Provide information on the Missouri Chamber annual Washington DC Fly-In to give members an opportunity to meet with federal government officials on important issues to our community.
How To Get Involved
Please contact Angela Alesi if you have questions or would like to join a committee.
816-761-7660 or email@example.com
You are welcome to join more than one committee.