Showcase Your Business with a Ribbon Cutting!
Whether you’re moving into a new building or opening another location – South KC Chamber members want to celebrate with you!
What is a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony?
Ribbon cuttings are traditionally performed for business openings but you can use our big pair of scissors to cut a ribbon for any significant business milestone.
- Opening a new location,
- Moving into a new building,
- Reopening a business under new management,
- Reopening after a devastating event (like a fire or flood),
- Business anniversary celebration
Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
The South KC Chamber provides:
- Large ceremonial scissors & ribbon;
- Website calendar event listing
- An announcement in the SKCC newsletter
- Photographs to be shared on the SKCC’s social media and in the newsletter after the event
- Invitations sent on your behalf to KCMO City officials and SKCC members
- Invitations sent to local news media – including Jackson County Advocate and The Telegraph
- The announcement with ribbon-cutting photo is sent to local media following the event
Your Company Provides:
- Optional: light refreshments
- Optional: A tour of your business
- Optional: A Door Prize (anything of your choosing)
Suggested Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Agenda (30 minutes)
- South KC Chamber staff arrives
- Doors open and guests arrive
- Program begins:
- Welcome from the South KC Chamber – Vickie Wolgast, President
- City Representative speaks – Mayor/Mayor Pro Tem/Councilmembers
- Thanks, from the City
- Company Representative speaks (Give a brief description of your business and introduce your staff)
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Photo opportunity – includes elected officials, South KC Chamber members, and company staff
*Please have a location in mind for the photo
- Closing Remarks
Tips for a Successful Ribbon Cutting
- Invite family, friends, customers, supporters, and any media people you know!
- Make sure to send the SKCC background info on your business BEFORE the event so we can promote you.
- Serve light refreshments (appetizers and/or desserts, sodas, water, beer, and wine)