The City of Kansas City, Missouri’s City Planning and Development Department is in the planning process for the KC Spirit Playbook. The KC Spirit Playbook is an update of the City’s Comprehensive Plan. This Plan will use community feedback to establish a long-term vision and set priorities to guide the future development of our city.
Beginning June 29, 2021, the City kicks off strategy sessions on four primary topics to gather input from residents on priorities to include in the KC Spirit Playbook. The strategy sessions are open to the public because community engagement is key to the Plan’s success! It’s critical for residents to attend and share their thoughts to help shape policies and priorities regarding these topics.
Spread the word – share information and encourage people to attend the Visibility strategy sessions.
Easy Ways to Share
To make it as easy as possible to share information we’ve provided a toolkit of messages. Open the attached KC Spirit Playbook Toolkit, copy and paste content, and share away!
- Inform your staff – Send an email about KC Spirit Playbook to your staff so they are in the know.
- Share with people you serve – Share the KC Spirit Playbook Fact Sheet and information with the people you serve through: an email blast, electronic and/or print newsletter, on a website, social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), post the fact sheet, in-person meetings and events.
- Talk about the project with people in your organization, community and beyond!
- Take the online surveys and find out more at https://playbook.kcmo.gov/.
- Request paper copies of the survey to share at your organization by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Surveys are available in English and Spanish.