It’s time again for the South KC Chamber’s annual Community Impact Awards!
The South KC Chamber’s 2022 Community Impact Awards will be presented at the Chamber’s Annual Dinner which will be held on Thursday, February 10, 2022, at the Armacost Museum.
Each year the Chamber honors companies and volunteers who have made the MOST impact. We are asking businesses and community members to help us nominate those who did something to make a positive impact in South Kansas City in 2021.
To qualify, the impact MUST be in the form of a Community Contribution.
Examples of Community Contributions:
- Donations raised by employees and customers to support a non-profit initiative or charity
- Reduction in your company’s carbon footprint or implementation of sustainable initiative
- Significant donation of time and/or resources toward meaningful investment in South KC
- Educational initiatives that assist employee/ers, customers, and/or the South KC community
- Providing support to another company or organization who is making a difference in South KC
- Initiatives to support employees and/or coworkers who are in need, rides to work, etc.
- Providing mentorship, entrepreneurship, and/or job skills to a person or organization in South KC
- Healthcare initiatives for employees and/or customers that made or will make an impact in their lives
- Initiatives to hire veterans, disabled persons, and/or ex-convicts
- Development investment in surrounding neighborhoods around your company’s headquarters
This year we have also created a category solely for non-profit organizations…the Non-Profit Impact Award.
There are MANY ways a company or person (or group of people!) could have impacted South Kansas City in 2021 so please don’t feel limited by the list of examples! If you believe someone has made an impact in our region, we want to know about it!
Nominations will be accepted until January 21, 2022.
Once all nominations are received and reviewed, our secret Chamber judges will narrow down the top submissions for YOU, our Chamber members and community leaders, to vote for a BIG COMMUNITY IMPACT Winner via the Chamber’s Facebook page.